Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 8 May 2013

big girl? baby girl?



Ok we are back. I guess we have been busy. Me growing another little bubba human being and Miss T perfecting a fair few new skills

  1. how to throw a good old tantrum (if this isn't the terrible 2's I am terrified!)
  2. how to quack like a duck, bark like a dog (or Popo in our case) and roar like a lion
  3. how to feed herself with a spoon (she has become quite the pro and really delights in this new skill)
  4. An almost mature understanding of item in the house and who they belongs to…mum’s bag, dad’s hat, popo’s ball…she says and delivers...this seriously blows my mind.
  5. And probably the most endearing of her new achievements…an absolute gusto ritual of saying goodbye or goodnight to Apollo. This involves a repetitive ‘night night Popo or bye Popo” followed by a massive cuddle and kiss on the lips. We do not leave the house or head to bed until this is completed.

Yes Miss T is growing up before our very eyes and most days we see this big girl who is well on her way to becoming a big sister in November.

But not on Tuesday. Instead I saw a baby girl, my precious baby girl terrified by a 4 year old Iron Man at the park. The playground was full of other little kiddies having a great time and Miss T seemed to be the only one impacted by a little boy dressed in costume from head to toe. I watched her spot him and observe him from a distance with serious concern before bursting into tears and running for comfort. And with me she sat until Iron Man headed home. I felt such compassion for her little mind that was trying to understand why he looked so different and so scary but I won’t lie, I quietly enjoyed the long cuddles and company I received at a pace so foreign in the busy world that is Miss T.
Keeping a close eye on Iron Man
Not convinced about this guy
 

0 comments on "big girl? baby girl?"

Post a Comment

 

no idea mum Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez