Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday 4 June 2013

every cloud has a silver lining



Last week in the world of Miss T was disastrous. There is no other way to describe the chaos that arrived at our doorstep. Hubby overseas for work, me pregnant and exhausted, Miss T sick- unable to drink, eat or suck her beloved dummy which equated to Miss T being unable to sleep for longer than 30 minutes at a time…the worst of the nights she clocked naps at 7.30-8.00, 10.00-10.30, 12.30-1.00, 4.30-5.00. Yep disaster.
I know chaos arrives at every doorstep from time to time but my goodness it doesn’t make it any easier. We made it through of course (with the help of amazing family and friends) and we are back to domestic bliss...or our variation of...with a healthy bubba, slightly more rested mumma and a present dadda. Miss T had her first play with one of her best buddies yesterday which injected us both with a whole lot of positive energy and in turn my optimism is peaking. Yes last week was disastrous but the silver lining...every cloud has one right... is that my dummy obsessed bubba was so betrayed by her sore mouth and sickness that she lost her relationship with her beloved. Miss T no longer searches for her dummy or needs it to sleep and her baby obsession is over. This can only be a good thing, a new found independence but I have also found myself from time to time feeling a little sad for her. She said goodbye to a special friend in the most abrupt manner and I also suspect said goodbye to babyhood forever.
The timing is uncanny as Miss T’s mumma (ok ME) is also saying goodbye to an era…my 20’s. As I hit the BIG 30 I feel incredibly grateful for the wonderful family and friends I have, for the fabulous husband and family we are building, for the chaos and bliss that is Miss T, for the amazing new friends I have made since embarking into motherhood, and for the blessed life we live (these are all my silver lining's)….but I do still feel a little pang of panic…Will I blink and wake up age 40, 50 or 60 and consequently Miss T 11, 21, 31? Am I saying goodbye to my bubba Miss T and hello to toddler Miss T and what else will change for me in my 30's...

Miss T with her beloved's back in the day...I couldn't help but revisit this photo.
playing with one of her besties

Little toddlers x

 

0 comments on "every cloud has a silver lining"

Post a Comment

 

no idea mum Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez