Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 17 February 2013

homework



I had my first piece of homework last week. For daycare that is. It made me a bit excited about all the little future projects Miss T and I will work on together. I absolutely love the idea of the dining table being overtaken by pre-school, kindy, school, high school and university projects in the many years to come. I know Miss T didn’t request an enthusiastic art and craft obsessed mumma but that’s what she got. We are going to have sooo much fun. Ok maybe by university (or even high school) she will be letting me down lightly when I make assignment suggestions but until that day I am going to be her little second hand. For Daycare I needed to complete,  in visuals two little work sheets titled ‘ About Me’ and ‘Our Family’. The questions were simple but they really made me stop and think.  As she would be putting it up in her classroom wall I wanted to be authentic to Miss T and her family and I wanted to put the biggest smile on her face in the process. Is I completed my work it was amazing to see how Miss T's identity is already so complex. I have always said to the hubby, 'isn't it amazing that she has been on this earth for just over 400 days ( give or take depending on when I get all deep and emotional) but already it is clear that she was always meant to be here. We have just spent the first part of our life waiting for her'. And doing this little bit of homework cemented this for me. On these two little worksheets all the most important and influential people in Miss T's life are present, her history is spelt out, her loves, passions and strengths are already present. Poor Miss T better hope mumma doesn't get this soppy over every assignment...
Walking home from daycare. Miss T is getting the hang of her new routine.
A snippet of our work in progress...

0 comments on "homework"

Post a Comment

 

no idea mum Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez