Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

ignorance is bliss


I swear I am not a bad mum. I have no qualms acknowledging that I am often a ‘no idea’ mum but I wouldn’t say I was a bad mum. Is it bad to enjoy just a few minutes of silence from time to time….Even if the apple of your eye is getting up to (a tiny bit of) no good? 
 
Lately I just can’t help it. The house goes eerily quiet, Miss T is nowhere to be seen and I just soak it up…my thoughts of  ‘just one minute, I'll enjoy just one minute’ simply override ‘Oh no, what is she doing’. Then I do a quick scurry around the house and tend to find Miss T in one of 3 places. The wardrobe rearranging my clothing (thank you darling), the kitchen systematically unpacking every baby wipe she can find, or in the bathroom unravelling and chewing toilet paper (her favourite!). It is only later that day when I am showing the hubby the evidence of our day and he questions 'And why is she eating toliet paper?' that I think to myself, should I have got to her sooner? Do I still have no idea?
 
By now I know I should know better... but I also know that my little bit of silence is just so rare and I figure my wardrobe is overdue for a cleanout, the baby wipes are often on special and the toilet paper...well I swear she only chews...

2 comments on "ignorance is bliss"

Latte Mum {Mel} on 18 October 2012 at 00:18 said...

I love how proud she is of her toilet paper antics in particular! So cute and it's all part of their "learning experience" anyway, right? So, bask away in your minute of peace... x

no idea mum on 18 October 2012 at 00:58 said...

I'm all for the 'learning experience' latte mum! X

Post a Comment

 

no idea mum Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez