Powered by Blogger.

Saturday 27 October 2012

shades of green


Its 7am Sunday morning, Both Miss T and I are feeling slightly shabby. Me from a hen's night out and poor Miss T from what seems like the beginning of a little cold. So here I am dealing with a snotty, squeely Miss T who obviously missed her mumma last night and who is therefore clinging to me for dear life. Even sipping a hot cup of tea is near impossible...And I cannot help but reflect on the week that was.

It was a week of replacing. Last night I replaced my regular Saturday haunt (couch, take away, hubby, movie and occasional intermissions of Miss T soothing) with a world of champagne, laughter, big hair, high heels and tiny dresses. I had a fabulous night out and loved every minute of it but I did have a moment in an ‘oh so classy establishment’ at about 1 am where I realised that the grass isn’t always greener. Give me the couch any day. I did my time and now it is bye bye big hair and short shorts! Ok who am I kidding I’ll keep the big hair.

During the week I replaced home mumma with working mumma. Again this experience was a nice reminder that my patch of grass is super green and something I hope I remember the next time I commence a whinge session where the hubby usually intercepts me with ‘seriously babe, is it really all that bad’. Miss T had a daddy/ daughter day on the Wednesday and the hubby assured me that it is in fact all pretty green. He said he would swap places with me any day. I spent the entire day on Friday convinced the universe was going to punish me for being a working mumma and that I would miss out on Miss T’s first steps. She has been so very close lately. At 5.50pm Friday evening, when the house was quiet and it was just me and my girl, Miss T took her first two steps. Yep I am all about the green on this Sunday morning.
New games with dad

2 comments on "shades of green"

Latte Mum {Mel} on 29 October 2012 at 01:43 said...

I'm 'green' with envy knowing that clever, gorgeous girl of yours took her first steps while I'm still trying to coax a crawl out of my wee budda! x

no idea mum on 29 October 2012 at 02:20 said...

Oh bless your little Buddha, he will surprise you one day! He is a little perfectionist I think x

Post a Comment

 

no idea mum Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez