Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 21 November 2012

self inflicted disaster



Last night was an official self inflicted disaster...and I mean disaster. Poor Miss T seemed to be having night terrors that kept waking her up. The poor cherub was waking from her slumber in absolute hysterics. After we resettled a few times...ok after we resettled ONCE being the smart Mumma that I am I thought, I just want to cuddle my little monkey. (because clearly it is all about me!) so I picked her up and brought her to the lounge room. The lounge room with all her favourites, Daddy, Apollo and the TV. Yes what was I thinking??? This wasn't what she needed...this was that I needed. I snuggled into her soft little face with her tiny arm wrapped tightly around my neck and I loved it. As insane as it is I have been missing our night time affairs. I'm pretty sure I told the hubby that I wished I could boot him out of the bed and snuggle with my girl all night. Be careful what you wish for!!! While I saw an opportunity for cuddles the hubby saw playtime... In his defence he hadn't seen her since 9am that morning so with one little ' hi my little girl' it was on!

Fast forward to 2am and Miss T is still partying hard and the hubby is fast asleep of course! Nothing I do will make her sleep. She isn't upset, in fact she is singing and chatting the night away while I am equally cursing myself for taking her out of that bedroom and the hubby for revving her up. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time as in the dark of the night valuable sleep was being lost while Miss T had a great time pinching my nose and giggling. Miss T must have entered sleep not much longer after this, her little body planted by my side for the rest of the night. We woke to the sound of birds singing in the morning and she seemed pleasantly rested.

If I ever try to give you baby advise, please gently remind me that I have no idea. Disaster.

Morning mumma, good sleep?

1 comments on "self inflicted disaster"

aria aba said...

that is so funny ...

Post a Comment

 

no idea mum Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez